Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Catch up

I'm reviewing the photos I've taken and not blogged about yet. So here's a catch up post so I can archive these photos to their proper folders.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BUSINESS REVIEW:
GiGi's Cupcakes! (Pigeon Forge, TN)
My rating 5 out of 5
This is a franchise, so GiGi's is popping up all over now. These are expensive, about $3.00 per cupcake, but ooooooh so good. It's been a couple of months so I don't remember the cupcakes I sampled. I don't remember having any that I didn't like.
The cake is moist and not too sweet, which pairs well with the 3 swirl high icing! There is more icing than cake. I am an icing lover! But even I must admit, they could do with just 2 swirls instead of 3 for a better combo.
The one missing was cheesecake and had to be refrigerated. If you look closely, you'll see that there is a fingerful of icing missing from each. I just HAD to sample!!!! Yum! So Yummy, I had to go later in the week for another six!

Rocky Top Wine Trail, Pigeon Forge, TN
Our rating 3.5 out of 5
Yes, this was a touristy thing to do. Just because we Full Time RV, and wherever we move is "home", doesn't mean we can't be tourist too. Don't judge.
There were coupons all over the place that if you went to all three wineries, you'd get a gift at the end. Well sure, they're hoping we spend a couple of $100. on wine to get that free gift. Well, they won. We spent between $100.-$125. on wine. 
I thought it would be the same wine at all three wineries, just disguised with different labels. But I'm happy to say, they are all different wines. And I'm also happy to say, that many were quite enjoyable. Of course, because over a month has passed, I again, don't remember which I liked etc.
And our gift? I'm sure you can guess. We each received a wine glass.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CRAFT PRODUCT REVIEW:
Embellish Knit! $15. from Amazon
I read the reviews before purchasing. So I was fore warned that it didn't work well with worsted weight. But I wanted this device to make I-Cords easily for trim around necklines and such. Look at this video from Knitting Help and you'll see what a PIA this stitch is! Much easier to have this mini knit machine do it.
Top is before and the kind of fiber I used.

During

Finished I-cord





The finished I-cord can be used to trim necklines, make a necklace or bracelet. Also can be used to Outline a shape on top of a shirt, etc.
I'm happy with this product, but you do have to make sure you weight it and watch that the needles catch properly. This may be an easier I-cord method, but it's still tedious.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PRODUCT REVIEW:
Fuzzy Fingers Dusting cloth
My rating 5 out of 5

I love this cute little product. I think I picked it up hanging from a grocery aisle. This really gets the dust out of the nooks and crannies of my laptop keyboard. I also sweep it across the screen to keep dust free. Handy little gadget!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
PETS:
I not only take Mom's favorite chair,
I use her oh so cozy afghan too!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Travels