Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Wood Fairies

June 14 -24, 2013 Armitage County Park, Eugene, OR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RV LIFE:
6/17/13 - Monday: A day of cleaning up and laundry. Yes, even living this idyllic life, there are still chores to do. For such a busy town, I could not find a laundromat close by. I drove about 10 miles and found an adequate, at best laundry. I prefer going to town laundromats instead of the RV parks, because there are usually large dryers. That's the worst part of doing laundry. The small dryers take forever to dry the clothes.
Also stopped at Walmart and picked up some more twine to finish my crocheted sun hat.
While cleaning the RV, I was checking the cabinets of what we can purge and I saw Creme De Menthe.
I must have had this for 20 years! Probably used it for a party drink back in my party hosting days and never used it again. But it's one of those things I have a difficult time throwing out. IF I ever need it for a baking recipe, I don't want to have to buy it again. So how long will I continue to keep it? I think I will have to look up some recipes with this ingredient in it and start making things with it or throw it out!
I think I'll have to try Grasshopper Pie. That sounds good.

6/19/13 - Wednesday: Our neighbors Suzi & Dave have left. I have no one to snoop at through our kitchen window any more! We did not spend much time with them because they were really here to visit their son who was graduating from college. Congrats to Jessie! I think he will be continuing his education in Colorado next. I hope all this work and cost lands him a great career.
What little time we spent with Suzi, Dave and their two great dogs, Sasha & Lewis, were really enjoyable. They are super easy to talk to and not overbearing. It was nice having them as neighbors and still having our own privacy. We hope to catch up with them in their home state of NY or maybe in FL this winter.
Devin & Lyla liked them also!
Lewis & Devin

















Even laid back 9yr old Lyla got some action!







Our firewood pile grew! I think the wood fairy or something like that must have passed by. Actually it was Dave. He gave us their leftover wood. We had "gifted" (or gotten rid of) our wood to them while in NM. They returned the favor.
Are these the wood fairies? Or maybe Dave & Suzi in disguise?
Comment from Suzi: "Dave's been called many things in his life, but never a fairy!!!! "Sue
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CRAFTS:
Gwen Slouchy Beret
I love this pattern. I love the results. I love this yarn. Magnolia yarn 70% merino wool 30% silk, by Classic Elite Yarns. It is so nice to be working with decent yarn again. I STILL have more of that damned red acrylic. I'm thinking dog collars for the rest of that yarn.

Didn't this beret turn out great!??  I thought one ball would be enough. It was, but barely! I made the hat a slightly smaller size since I have a small skull. (I was endearingly called "Pea Head", by my co-workers)This was to be a slouchy hat, but, I had to start decreasing early so not to run out of yarn. But I love how it turned out! Some hats I've made, I'm a little embarrassed to wear.  Slouch hats are not my style, although they are currently in style. This hat slouches very little. Just look how beautiful the design turned out. And this silky, soft, nicely sheened yarn was wonderful to work with and really gave this hat a beautiful glow.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FOOD:
Smellovision! Oh how I wish I could you let you experience the heavenly aroma coming from our Cobb grill! Scott bought a pork shoulder at the Eugene Saturday Farmer's Market and he bought some pork rub. The shoulder has been on the grill about 45 minutes and oh----my----gosh! It smells wonderful! I hope it will taste as good as it smells.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RV MODS:
We tried to book an appointment for whole RV solar power with AM Solar, who came highly recommended from Wheeling It. Unfortunately for us, they are booked solid until DECEMBER!!! Good for them! Family run & honest business doing well. The estimate we got from them was over $8,000.!!! I was hoping for $5000. tops. When I get a chance, I'll post the estimate.
So Scott has decided to do the installation himself. It won't be "hard wired" (is that the right term) directly into our RV, but it will be close. Scott has been researching and losing sleep over trying to think of everything that needs to be done, in what order, etc. He started drilling holes (eeeeeek!) today. He was happy with his progress.
He bought 2/150 watt solar panels from AM Solar and 2 extra batteries from another business. He's getting an inverter or something like that shipped to AM Solar. Bits and pieces from here and there. Scott seems pretty confident he can do this. AM Solar said that if Scott finishes before we leave, they will check it out for him and make sure it's working correctly. What a great business.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WHERE WE'RE GOING:
June 25- July 8, 2013 River's End RV Park, Chinook,WA
July 9-17, 2013 Port. Hudson RV Park, Port Townsend, WA
Tentative:
Neah Bay, WA
La Push, WA
Coeur d'Alene, ID

WA, ID, MT, ND, SD, WY, then south for the Winter of 2013/214

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Travels