Monday, August 5, 2013

Life alert

Aug. 4-10, 2013 Silver Cove RV Resort, Silver Lake, WA
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RV LIFE:
Ow! My neck and shoulder are "killing" me. I think I twisted my neck which must have pinched a nerve. Pain from my neck to my shoulder blade, down my arm to my elbow and then to the front of my wrist. But if I sit just so, it's tolerable. And how did I twist my neck? Did I sleep wrong? Nope. Love my pillow and our 3" memory foam mattress.
I think it may be time for one of those life alert necklaces. Help! I've fallen and can't get up!
Yep, I fell off the bed. Scott was out and about in town. I decided to groom Devin a little. I hate doing that on the bed, but Devin is more relaxed there. I found a mat, so had to reach for the scissors. Next thing I know, I've slipped off the end of the bed and bounced on my butt onto the floor. Ow! This is when it's good to have a bubble butt. I just sit, assess how I'm feeling. Butt's a little sore, but otherwise I feel fine. But oh, waking up the next day. Where's the pain meds! I took Ibuprofen every two hours 3x's. Enough of that, pull out the better stuff, Naproxen which should last 12 hours, but really needs a refresh after 6-8 hrs. 2 days later, I'm still in pain but not as much. This too shall pass.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RESTAURANT REVIEW:
Sully's  - Forks, WA
Our rating 3 out of 5
Just an average fast food joint. Although the hamburgers I saw being served were on huge rolls. I think they advertise 4.5" round. I had the Salmon burger (regular sized bun). Being in a popular Salmon fishing area, I thought it was a good choice. Nope. Just an over fried patty of salmon, I think. It didn't taste like salmon.They have a large variety of milkshakes, but we didn't return to try them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``
SIGHTS:
Forks Timber Museum - Forks, WA
My rating 3.5 out of 5
Small museum. But for only $3.00 it's worth looking through. There was the history of logging and how the men cut down these huge trees way back when. The double handed saws were on display. There was a wood canoe partly dug out from a tree.
To fill up the museum a bit they also had some antiques, like old typewriters, telephones and this...
Old Hot Curlers
Rialto Beach - Forks, WA
My rating 5 out of 5
Rialto Beach is a nice beach to visit. Dogs are allowed on a good portion of the beach, but not on trails in the woods. There are a couple of picnic tables right next to the beach. There are flush toilets available, plenty of parking, and a faucet to rinse your sandy feet off.
Lyla looking over the Pacific
I'm still fascinated by the huge driftwood,
that are actually whole huge tree trunks, all bleached and smooth.


Deb & Devin

Scott (barely visible) & Lyla
We had another "first". We saw our first bald eagle!  We saw it perched so regally at the top of a tree. We were able to see it take flight over the Ocean going out about 300', then circle back. Absolutely beautiful.


Hoh Rain Forest - Olympic National Park, Forks, WA
$15.00 per car entrance fee. (We got in "free" with our Nat'l Parks Annual Pass)
Scott took a couple of short hikes through this forest. It was quite crowded, which is good for the Nat'l Park's finances I guess.  I enjoyed a relaxing time out in the grassy area under a large shade tree and sitting on a cushy dog bed. Why didn't I go with him? Because here's another place that dogs are not allowed. At Nat'l Forests, dogs are allowed. At Nat'l Parks, it depends. I figured Hoh Rain Forest was a forest, so we much be entering a Nat'l Forest. Nope, it is considered a Nat'l Park and no dogs allowed on any trails. I always bring a book wherever I go. I hate to be bored and I know I'll get aggravated if there are lines, or if the truck breaks down and we're stuck somewhere, etc. I always have a book to pass the time.
Scott took quite a few photos, but you can't really feel the splendor of the huge moss covered trees and ferns all over.
We took turns going into the information center.
 These slices of Douglas Firs & Spruce were on display showing 28 years of growth. One grew in a "normal" forest and one grew in the rainforest. The rainforest tree grows at least twice as fast. The rings of the tree are so much wider.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WHERE WE'RE GOING:
Aug. 12-18, 2013 Coeur d'Alene RV Park, Post Falls, ID
Aug. 19-28, 2013 Jim & Mary's RV Park, Missoula, MT
Aug. 29-Sept. 1, 2013 Jennifer's Driveway Boondock, Bozeman, MT
Sept. 2-5, 2013 Mammoth Campground, Yellowstone, WY (Tentative)
Sept. 6-15, 2013 Horseshoe Bend Campground NFS, Lovell, WY (Tentative)
Sept. 16-30, 2013 Wheels West RV Park, Custer, SD

south for the Winter of 2013/214

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Travels