Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Oops, again!

Aug. 29-Sept. 9, 2013 Jennifer's Driveway - Bozeman, MT
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RV LIFE:
I was hoping to post about our drive through Yellowstone today, but that was not to happen. Instead, Scott went to Goodwill and picked up a pair of crutches for me. I just knew Goodwill would have crutches! He picked a nice aluminum pair for $4.99!
And why does Debbie need crutches? Because I fell again! When we sold our 2 story Cape Cod style home, I said our next house will be one floor. Technically, a 5th wheel has two floors. Those three steps leading into our bedroom has caused both Scott and I trouble. We have both fallen down those stairs only this time, I've fallen and couldn't get up. Yes, you heard me. Just like those corny commercials!
I was putting plastic grocery bags into our bag holder on the wall. It was higher than I could reach.  I used the steps to enable me to reach it. While loading the bags and stepping down to gather more bags from the kitchen area, I "forgot" about the last step and just the heel of my foot caught, slipped, twisted and I'm down yelling "I think I really broke it!" I did not want to look. Scott knows to just wait, unless I call for his help. So as he is watching me wiggle in pain on the floor, I'm trying to access the damage. Oh the pain! I think I'm going to black out. I lean against the wall, close my eyes and hope the pain eases. It surely eases so I take a look and my ankle is as big as a tennis ball and on it's way to growing baseball sized! Oh crap. I don't want to go to the emergency room. I am not good with unexpected events. I like to know what to anticipate during my day. Damn!
Scott gets me up into the bed and puts ice on my ankle as I just lay down and rest. Dr. Scott takes a look and says "It looks to still me aligned, I don't think it is broke." As I lay there trying to calm myself, Dr. Scott is researching sprains on the computer. We both think it is a VERY BAD sprain. According to what Dr. Scott read, I need to keep off of it for 48 hours, ice it every couple of hours and keep it wrapped. So that is what we are doing. 
I had to hop, hop, hop to the bathroom. While Scott was in town looking for crutches, Lyla decided she wanted to get into the garbage! Oh crap! I've got to get down there and get the garbage away from her. I cannot put any weight on my ankle unless I want to experience extreme sharp pain. So down on my big bubble butt I go and down the steps on my butt. Now to grab the wall and my temporary crutch, which is my hiking stick. Hop, hop, hop, over to Lyla and get the wrapper out of her mouth. Hop, hop, hop over to the counter. Lyla is looking at me and knows something is wrong. Oh those big brown eyes saying, "What can I do for you Mom? What's wrong?" I just HAD to bend down rub her head.
Now I have crutches fitted, but I've never had to use crutches. What a PIA! But it's much better than just laying or sitting around asking Scott for this or that. I can at least move around on my own.
So, our plans to visit Yellowstone today are delayed. We hope to go tomorrow, if I can maneuver myself into the truck. No hiking for me! Just the view from the truck.

Pre ankle injury, I was walking on the lawn to go relax on the covered porch, when Scott held me back and said "Snake!". 

Oh how cute! Just a itty bitty 2' skinny snake. He was definitely not in attack mode. He wanted to slither away as quickly as possible. We have no idea what kind of snake, but luckily it was not wanting to get a piece of us.

Workamp opportunity:
Four Paws Kingdom is in need of seasonal help approximately April through Dec 1. 2014.
We worked there for 3 months. About 2 hours a day, free campsite. Nice atmosphere. Great if you love dogs. 828-287-7324
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RESTAURANT REVIEW:
Papa Johns' Pizza - Bozeman, MT (Multiple locations)
Our rating 4 out of 5
We have been wanting to try Papa John's pizza. We've also been wanting to try the "new" (now 3 yrs old) improved Dominoes pizza. The only time I had Dominoes was 10 years ago and it was BAD! So I wasn't expecting much from Papa John's. We played it safe and ordered the thin crust because that is what we are used to. 
The thin crust definitely needs improving, but the toppings more than made of for the crust. Oh, my, gosh! You can definitely taste the quality. I immediately could tell they use a great mozzarella cheese. The red sauce was great also as well as the 3 toppings we added, crumbled italian sausage, onions and peppers. We will definitely return and try the regular crust next time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MOVIE REVIEWS:
Since I'm sort of bedridden, I decided to watch some movies that were on our DVR.
My rating 4 out of 5
First, I really like the actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I first saw him on 3rd Rock from the Sun sitcom. 
This is action packed, but not in the shoot them up or blow them up kind of way. Basically the main character, Wilee has an envelope to deliver by a certain time. But a cop is trying to prevent the delivery. The scenes are mainly fast maneuvering through the streets of NYC on a bicycle with no brakes. 

A Tim Burton Film
My rating 3.5 out of 5
How can you not fall in love with that sweet doggie. 
If you have ever lost a pet and thought about cloning it, than this is a movie for you. Instead of cloning, this little boy brings his pet dog, Sparky back to life just like in the old Frankenstein movies. Sparky is still the sweet dog he always was, but that takes some convincing because of his appearance.
Cute movie.

Reese Witherspoon  Chris Pine  Tom Hardy
Romantic Comedy
My rating 3.5 out of 5
Best friend CIA agents end up dating the same girl. They decide to let the girlfriend decide who is best for her. In between the dating, the agents still need to do their job. Also, jealousy ensues and they use their CIA contacts and skills to interfere with the dating scene.
There's action, romance, comedy. Something for you and hubby to enjoy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CRAFTS:
I've got 3 projects in the works right now. I'm finishing up my knitted Silk Yoke Neck Tee, I'm about 1/2 way through my crocheted 1800's gown for a bed doll, and I started knitting a tote that has the Ravelry logo on it and will then felt it. 
If anyone is interested in learning to knit, check out the  Knitting Help website. They are full of videos to teach a beginner to showing  more advanced techniques.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nothing much else to blog about. Wish me luck while I try to take a shower with only one leg.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WHERE WE'RE GOING:
Mammoth Campground, Yellowstone, WY (Tentative)
Sept. 6-15, 2013 Horseshoe Bend Campground NFS, Lovell, WY (Tentative)
Sept. 16-30, 2013 Wheels West RV Park, Custer, SD

south for the Winter of 2013/214

2 comments:

  1. Crap...keep the crutches handy for any more snake visitors. And hopeful you wake up feeling better but sprains take awhile to heal. Might pick up some Arnica if your open to homeopathic remedies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your fall. Glad nothing is broken, but do continue to ice. Hopefully you will heal quickly. I have allen several times in the last year, but luckely have not been hurt.

    ReplyDelete

Our Travels