Saturday, May 3, 2014

We love you Dad

April 21 - May 3, 2014
Riverside Rv Resort - Sevierville, TN

CONTENTS
RV LIFE
BROWSING THE WWW
PETS
CRAFTS
BOOK REVIEWS
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RV LIFE:
How did I ever have time to work full time???? We've been looking at houses, I've been entering info into a great new database for the dog rescue, knitting beaded lace  work for hours and now we're heading back to DE/NJ.
We had to cut our time here in Sevierville, TN short by 1 day. Scott's Father passed Friday night. He has battled with Alzheimer's for a couple of years and in the past 6 months it has become severe enough that he had to be in assisted living. Only a week ago, we found out he also had bladder cancer. Wally (Scott's Father) was well into his 80's and lived a full, happy, prosperous life up until the last couple of years.
This is the first of our parents to pass and it is a learning curve on how to feel and deal with this passing. For Wally, it was a blessing, because he was in a lot of pain, he was in a place he did not want to be. But it is still a loss of the strong man who brought Scott up. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BROWSING THE WWW:
I just can't keep up with all the blogs and podcasts. I Heart Organizing is one I look at about once a week to see what new ideas and "honey-do's" she has posted. She's always changing, improving her home and trying to make the most of her space.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PETS:
Look very carefully at this photo of Lyla below. 
What do you see besides a beautiful English Setter? Check out each corner of her mouth and follow the string of slime hanging down. The one on the left goes to about the ring of her collar. The one on the right goes all the way past the clasp, past the leather, all the way to near the bottom of the photo. See that brown blob? That is a leaf attached to the end of her slobber. You definitely can't be a clean freak and have dogs in the home.
What could she be slobbering about? Maybe she knows what is inside the package we received.



BULLY STICKS!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CRAFTS:
I love Lion Brand Homespun bulky yarn. I love the color combos, I love the mixture of textures, I love the feel, I love that it is machine wash & dry. This is the yarn I make dog sweaters out of. Since I haven't had a need to make any dog sweaters, I'm trying to use this yarn up.
I made a Garter Yoke Vest with 3 different skeins of Homespun. One was black, the next was a subtle black tweed and the third was a black & white tweed look. I like the way it turned out. I'm so damned fat, that even this simple top looks lousy on me. I'll wear it anyway. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BOOK REVIEWS:
Deeper Than the Dead (Oak Knoll, #1)Deeper Than the Dead by Tami Hoag
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I listened to the audiobook 4 years ago. I remember it was somewhat drawn out at first, but I ended up rating the audiobook version a 4. These are the times I'm glad my memory is lousy! As I began reading this book, it sounded familiar. The book starts out exciting. I remembered that, but I forgot most of the audiobook.
Serial murder mystery, with a touch of romance, a bit more gruesome torture and murder. Some dysfunctional families, but also some characters that really care and deal with the life they have been dealt. A good mystery. 


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Another story about an arranged marriage and the innocent young lady having to bed with a stranger that is her husband and supposed family foe. I never get tired of it.
Big strong scary Lord of the realm. Innocent, beautiful, fragile, but daft girl. What a Lord will do to keep peace. And so the story goes with first lovemaking, living in a strange land, making friends or are they still your enemies. A predictable Scottish romance, but still enjoyable. Take me away romance novels!



1 comment:

  1. Yes,as are age we lose our dear parents. I was so fortunate to have both parents until I was 61. First Dad and then Mom 6 years later. Can't tell you how many times I think "gotta call Mom" then remember it's been almost 3 years. Condolences to the entire family.

    ReplyDelete

Our Travels