Friday, July 22, 2011

LUMS POND STATE PARK - Bear, DE: RV Park Review

FULLTIME RV:
Delaware? I could be in NJ in the RV for all I know! It's been so hot, that I've stayed in the RV the whole time! Only ventured out to let the dogs do their business.  There's a lovely lake here, but never figured out how to get to it without going through other people's sites.  Too hot to take a hike and find out.
Nice campground, with lots of shade trees which I would love to sit under and read, but it's too damned hot.
Living in the RV is fine so far. Luckily, Scott & I get along very well.  Even though Scott was home all the time in our reg. home, he spent most of his time in the bedroom or upstairs. Now we are in the same room. Weird, but I don't THINK it will bother us.
Realized we forgot quite a few items...towels (using kitchen towels to dry us after a shower), hair brush, butter. But we have dog food, wine and coffee, so I'm fine.
Scott's parents came for dinner during the week.  Scott is making his fast chunky sauce over pasta. Oh yea, forgot the fresh pasta also.
Friends from way back in my first years working at the Post Office visited us also. They gave me some home made hot sauce. All ingredients from their garden and she did the canning herself.  I stuck my finger in the jar for a taste.... At first a slight sweet taste, but then...HOT! HOT!! I will try again, now that I'm more prepared for the heat.
=============================================
RV PARK REVIEW:
July 18-22, 2011 -------- Monday - Friday
LUMS POND STATE PARK Bear, DE 19701
Our rating: 4 out of 5 Would revisit.
+Nice quiet campground.
+Large sites.
+Pets allowed
+Verizon worked fine.
-Only 6 sites have electric. The rest are primitive.
-Communal water and dump station.

I would come here again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PETS:
Scott has to carry 84# Ryley in & out of the RV. With bone cancer, it is VERY EASY to get many mini fractures and once that starts happening, he'll be in too much pain to keep alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Travels