Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Woo Hoo!

SANDY CREEK COE PARK, Jasper, TX 75951
------------------------------------------------------------------------
RV: Just 10 short miles away and we are almost in paradise! It's amazing how much lighter our mood is now that we've moved to this park!  We went from truck & car noise, to the sweet tweets of flocks of Robins, yes, Scott saw a flock or Robins here! I guess they are also "escaping NJ"!

We arrived at this park late yesterday afternoon. It was overcast & drizzly. But it's 1000% better than our previous park.  Compare our view here (below) to our view in a previous post of a tractor trailer whizzing by.
Back window view
Above is what I see while having my coffee & toast in my easy chair in the morning.
Below is what I'm looking at right now while on my computer. Almost heaven.

Side window from computer
Do you see another RV in site? No! We do have neighbors but they are out of sight from inside the RV. Even outside the sites are far enough apart to give us privacy.

FOOD & BEVERAGE:
We have a few places we want to eat in Jasper, TX. There is not much touristy sight seeing, but there are quite a few casual type restaurants and bbq we want to try.

Olives have become quite a popular snack item. You can find Olive bars (like salad bars) in larger grocery stores and also in Italian markets.  Some are great, others so so. Well, Scott found a consistently delicious garlic stuffed olive packaged in the condiment aisle of many grocery stores.
Mezzetta Garlic Stuffed Olives: My rating 5 out of 5
Delicious. Not too salty, not too tart. We both have a difficult time stopping at 2 or 3. They are pricey, but are consistently delicious.

Barton & Guestier Beaujolais-Villages 2007 French wine: My rating 5 out of 5
Very, very nice dry red.  Smooth going down, with a slight tart, almost bubbly taste on the tongue, but no disagreeable after taste. At $14.00, I probably would not buy again, since I usually find ALMOST as good wines for under that price.  I had a moment of weakness, as I am down to one bottle of wine and didn't want to run out. The smoke/wine shop had little selection, so I "splurged" on this so I wouldn't be without any wine.

In the past, I have enjoyed Georges Duboeuf  Beaujolais-Villages French wine: My rating 5 out of 5
I used to buy this by the case when on sale at the Shop Rite Wine Shop in Neptune, NJ. Normally around $10., but would go on sale for $6.99! Beside an easy wine to drink, this also has a cool flowered cork, if you are into collecting them.
And one last wine
Bogle Merlot California wine: My rating 4.5 out of 5
This is my "go to" wine. I usually find it around $12.99, but it goes on sale a lot for about $8.99, when I will buy 6 bottles to a case.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Travels