Monday, March 5, 2012

Keep busy

RAINBOW'S END-Escapees
Livingston, TX 77351
--------------------------------------------------------
RV LIFE:
I polished another section of the RV. I just do about an hour to hour & a half's work at a time. By the time I'm done with the whole RV, it's times to just start over. I just put on some headphones, listen to an audio book, the dogs get some outside time & I'm making a must do maintenance chore, not so bad.

Scott did a quick wash of our truck so it will look nice for TX inspection, which we passed. Our first step to becoming Texans.
Today we hope to get the RV inspected, & register our vehicles. If all goes well, maybe we'll get our TX driver's licenses today also!

We also received our first set of unsolicited address labels with our TX address on them, as a "free gift".
You know that kind of mail.

Since we knew we were going to be at Escapees in Livingston, which is where our mail is forwarded to us, we did a lot of on line shopping, so we could pick these items up at Escapees and not pay for postage for forwarding. It was almost like Christmas!
Anything for me Mom?
Although the Escapees Rainbow's End RV Park isn't much to brag about, close by (walking distance or better by bicycle), they have an Activities Center and a Clubhouse. There is enough things going on to keep you active. Exercise classes, computer classes, movie showing, pot luck dinners, card games, swap library, & lending movie library.

I joined 4 Ladies for Shanghai Rummy. I knew basic Rummy, so I thought I watch & learn. By the 2nd game, I was in.  I impressed myself by winning the 1st 2 rounds (of 7). But then it gets more difficult and I went downhill from there and lost terribly! I'm a gracious loser and we all had a laugh on me.

**RV ALERT: While Scott was looking for something in the back of our closet which is at the head of the 5th wheel, he saw this.

Ewwwww! Mold on the back wall of the closet. I immediately squeezed in the closet amid all our clothes & storage and cleaned that up. 
Scott said this is because it is on an outside wall and the temperature changes causes condensation to form on the walls, which leads to mold.  This is a downside to RV living. This is something I have learned to check all over the RV.
Mold forms by the windows, & now I see in the closet. Please check these areas of your RV for mold before it gets out of hand.  We caught this fairly early. This could have ruined our clothes, our storage items, our health.

FOOD:
Escapees Breakfast   Our Rating 3 out of 5
Escapees offered a pancake breakfast last Saturday, for $3.50, at the Activities Center. Very good price for 2 strawberry pancakes, 2 sausage pattties, OJ & coffee. The strawberries were pureed and then added to the pancake batter. Pretty good! We would go again. It was great to meet other RV'rs going through the same steps we are to become Texans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Travels