Tuesday, April 24, 2012

FOUNTAIN, CO 80807

Fountain, CO 80807
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RV LIFE:
We left Santa Fe about 10:30 am and arrived in Fountain, CO (near Colorado Springs) about 4:00. It is so cool to see the land change as we travel.
Lubbox, TX was just flat land everywhere!
Santa Fe, NM was flat, but we could at least see mountains farther out.
Colorado Springs, CO is right next to the Rocky Mountain Range.  I'm looking out the window as I type and am looking at the Range. I think I am looking at Cheyenne Mountain. 
WIKIPEDIA describes it as "The eastern edge of the Rockies rises dramatically above the Interior Plains of central North America,..." That is exactly what we saw while driving. We drove on Interstate 25, with miles & miles of flat grazing area and then the mountains appear! Beautiful.


The weather is odd right now.  Last night the heat ran off & on all night and today, during the day it was 90°!
We were told the norm this time of year is 65°, which is perfect for me. 90° forces me to stay inside.

(A little side note if anyone is interested. How do I get the little degree sign? My Dad found this key shortcut.
Press the Alt key and while holding the Alt key click 0176. The degree sign ° should show up.)

FOOD:
At the Santa Fe Farmer's Market last week, we purchased two rib eye steaks, YAK steaks, that is.  We were told to keep them rare (which Scott likes). Tough, Tough, Tough! They really gave our jaws a workout.  Flavor was good, didn't seem much different than beef, but I tried 3 different knives to get it to cut easily.
The dogs ended up enjoying my Yak immensely.  


BOOKS:
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's NestThe Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

3rd book in the Millennium Series:
This book was just as good as the first one. How is Lisbeth going to get out of these situations? She does and it's not silly fantasy. I loved, respected some characters and others, I wished them dead. Slime of the earth.
Lisbeth is a survivor physically and mentally.
Great series.


View all my reviews

AUDIO BOOKS:

Changeless (Parasol Protectorate, #2)Changeless by Gail Carriger
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I read the first book "Souless", which was a hoot. A different take on vampires, werewolves, etc.
Unfortunately, this second book was getting a little too sci-fi for me.  I listened to half and although the characters are cute and the narrative is excellent (Emily Gray), the story line got more outrageous, than I'd like.


View all my reviews




No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Travels