Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Doggie chaos

Aug. 12-18, 2013 Coeur d'Alene RV Park, Post Falls, ID
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Are you gathering the rosebuds of today or do they wilt while you wait for tomorrow?

"Stolen" from Mary-Pat of Butterflies and Heart Songs
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RV LIFE:
My neck and shoulder pain has finally subsided. No pains meds at all, not even aspirin.

It's a beautiful morning! Low humidity, cool temp and lovely breeze. Even with the garbage truck banging the dumpster right next to our site, I'm still enjoying the outdoors under a young, but still shade giving maple tree. Ahhhh.
Even so, I'm will not be sorry to leave this cookie cutter type resort.

I was able to meet up with another Above & Beyond English Setter volunteer. Angie J. is a fairly new foster mom for our dog rescue. She is very dog savvy and is great at evaluating and training dogs for future adoption. It was a big step for our rescue to expand way out to the state of Washington. Our rescue is originally based out of PA/NJ.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PETS:
Foster Mom, Angie currently has 2 English Setter foster dogs. SARGE is now ready for adoption. He is about 1 year old and oh, such a sweetheart!!!! He just curls up to you and cuddles. He played great with our goofy Setter, Devin. Angie also has 4 dogs of her own, including a puppy. Quite a houseful, but all well taken care of and well behaved.
Sweet Sarge greets Scott

Service dog Chloe & Scott

Looks are deceiving. They are having fun!

Rut Ro! GSD puppy, Ziggy has my sunglasses.

Abigail? staying near Mom.

Lyla's ready to go home.

Bye, bye Sarge. You'll find a great home I'm sure!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RV MOD/TIP:
Reflectix Insulation
Our rating 4 out of 5
Would have received a perfect score if it somehow looked nicer on the outside.
We finally gave in and joined the white trash look of RV'rs. We put up Reflectix over our RV windows. Reflectix is just like the silver bubble stuff you use to put on your car windshield to protect it from the sun.
We've been in 90° weather recently. Yes, it dry, only about 25% humidity, but it's still hot. Our AC keeps running and running and running to keep our indoor temp about 76 - 78°. That used to be fine for me, but since I am now a woman of a "certain age", I definitely NEED the temp cooler!
After putting up the Reflectix, our AC is running much better. It is cycling on and off and is keeping a wonderfully low of 72° consistently all day.
It may not look nice from the outside, but I sure do feel good inside. Comfort over beauty.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PRODUCT/FOOD REVIEW:
Franz Lake Chelan Blueberry Strueusal Bread
My rating 5 out of 5
Franz bakery is based out of Portland, OR and has expanded distribution of their product throughout the Northwest.
When I first purchased this Blueberry Bread, I thought it was a speciality bread only found in the best of places. But I now have been finding it in local supermarkets.
My usual breakfast is a piece of multigrain toast with PB&J. That fills me up and I'm good to go until mid afternoon for a snack.
This Blueberry bread is irresistible! It's moist, packed with blueberries and topped with a light streusel topping. Unfortunately it doesn't have the filling power of whole grain. I end up eating 2 (shhh, and sometimes 3 pieces) of this blueberry bread. I originally spread butter on top, but wanted to try to be just a little healthier, so tried honey. OMG! Delicious!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RESTAURANT REVIEWS (Fast Food):
Noodle Express - Post Falls, ID
Our rating 2 out of 5
When you walk into a Chinese restaurant 99% of the time you see Asians. Not at Noodle Express!. It could be anyone's son or daughter working there. I'm hungry and I'll give it a try anyway.
First, the egg rolls were expensive. About $2.50 EACH. They were actually pretty good, but skinny. I'm used to nice plump egg rolls.
Teriyaki Pork: Fair-Poor. Rubbery, lacked flavor. Came with white rice, which was fine, but since there was no sauce to mix in or pour over the rice, it was kind of bland also.
Chinese slaw? Sort of like a cabbage/cucumber salad, was surprising very good and refreshing.
I will not be back.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WHERE WE'RE GOING:
Aug. 19-28, 2013 Jim & Mary's RV Park, Missoula, MT
Aug. 29-Sept. 1, 2013 Jennifer's Driveway Boondock, Bozeman, MT
Sept. 2-5, 2013 Mammoth Campground, Yellowstone, WY (Tentative)
Sept. 6-15, 2013 Horseshoe Bend Campground NFS, Lovell, WY (Tentative)
Sept. 16-30, 2013 Wheels West RV Park, Custer, SD

south for the Winter of 2013/214

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Travels