Friday, May 25, 2012

VILLAGE OF TREES RV RESORT, Declo, ID 83323

Declo, UT 83323
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RV PARK REVIEW: It was difficult to leave Pony Express RV Resort. The cleanliness and manicured lawns were wonderful.
Village of Trees RV Resort is about 1/4 mile off I-84. What a pleasant surprise this park is. The place may not have the clean cement sites, but each site is compact gravel (level) and has a little bit of beautiful grass lawn with a picnic table.  Large trees throughout this park.  As I look out my window to my left, is the tent camping area, which is empty right now. It looks like a beautiful park. 

Very dog friendly, with poop bag & garbage stations throughout the park. Great places to walk the dogs. We are within walking distance of Snake River. We can walk along the river and among the horses in the adjacent pasture. Beautiful horses, well taken care of.
Above is a view from our site. Snake River and horses grazing.

Sites are all pull throughs, a little close together, but better than Pony Express. 
Our site #A5

Clean fairly large laundry and only $1. per load for wash and for dryer.  Small library in the laundry room with chairs. I took 3 books and left 2 books. Will I ever get to reading on my Kindle? There are so many books circulating at RV parks. 

Check out BOOKCROSSING, which is a site to register your books that you plan to pass on.  Each book is issued a registration #, and can be entered by the next person that picks up the book and you can see where your book travels.

We have yet to use a pool at any park. With my frumpy, 55 year old body, I don't see a bathing suit in my future. The pool at Village of Trees is very small. About the size of 2 hot tubs put together.

There is also a small truck stop/gas/diesel station at the entrance to the park.  I believe this is part of the park.  They have a convenience store and small cafe. The cafe is almost like room service, you call in your order and they'll deliver to your site! We haven't done that yet, but we did get take out dinner and Scott ate breakfast there.  There are a half dozen tables to eat in if you like. Food is average, not great, but not bad. It's convenient and we sure appreciated that convenience on our arrival day here. We didn't feel like cooking after a day of packing, traveling, setting up. Well, I guess that's a good excuse anyway.

We've already decided to stay a second week here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What a difference 3 hours North makes! In Salt Lake City, UT, we left 60° mornings and 80° afternoons. Here in Declo, ID we awake to 44° mornings and maybe hitting 65° afternoons. This is fine by us. We like the cooler weather. Much easier to throw on another layer, than to peal off layers. When I hit 50 years old, I stopped dieting, since I had to diet my whole life to stay fairly slim. 5 years later and 40 added pounds, does not make a nice body, so I rarely don shorts either.

CRAFTS:
Since I knit & crochet a lot, I prefer the cooler weather so I can wear the items I've made also. I wore Lyla's swirl beret (beret crocheted from yarn spun from my Eng. Setter's fur) yesterday 

In the mornings I've been tossing on my celtic cowl that I originally made for my Irish Setter, Pillsbury (now gone), to keep his ears out of his food bowl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BOOK REVIEW:

Just A Little Bit Dangerous (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #1145)Just A Little Bit Dangerous by Linda Castillo
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

What you would expect from Harlequin/Silhouette. Not complaining, but if you are not into the sappy romance, don't read this.
The sexy hero, search & rescue cop on horseback...
Stuck in a sparse cabin with a beautiful escaped convict, exclaiming she was framed.
Hmmm, what do you think happens? Enjoyable easy read.


View all my reviews
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WINE REVIEW:
Santa Rita 120 Cabernet Sauvignon 2009
My rating 4 out of 5


This is a Chilean wine.  I tend to enjoy wines from Chile. This wine is named to honor the 120 patriots who helped lead Chile to Indepedence.
I'm sure this wine is under $15. and more likely around $10.  I've got to start taking note of the prices, so I'll know for the reviews.
I really like this wine. A bold wine, that does have a tartness to get used to when first tasting, but it smooths out nicely.
I rarely drink more than 1 glass of wine at a time, maybe 1.5 glasses tops.  This wine, I had two full glasses in one sitting. I'm a "cheap date" and 2 glasses is my limit. I got quite the buzz and knew if I had a 3rd glass, I would pay for it.
I'll be looking for this wine again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Travels