Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Segway ride

Verdi, NV 89439


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RV LIFE:
Yesterday, we had a "pot luck" dinner with our Cedar Creek Club members. This is always a fun dinner. We get to try cuisines from different parts of the country & gather recipes also.
I made Captain Crunch Chicken, which was originally introduced at Planet Hollywood. Here's the recipe I use from CD KITCHEN.


Planet Hollywood's Captain Crunch Chicken

Recipe At A Glance
Rating: 5/5
5 stars based on 7 reviews

recipe is ready in Under 30 minutes Ready in: Under 30 minutes?
recipe difficulty 3/5 Difficulty:   3/5


Serves/Makes:   4

   

Planet Hollywood's Captain Crunch Chicken Recipe
PHOTO BY: NICK
Click image to view

INGREDIENTS:

2 cups Captain Crunch cereal
1 1/2 cup corn flakes 
I use 3 cups CC cereal & 1/2 cup corn flakes
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 pounds chicken breast cut in 1 ounce tenders
vegetable oil for frying

DIRECTIONS:

Coarsely grind or crush the two cereals and set aside. Beat the egg with milk and set aside. Stir together the flour, onion and garlic powders and black pepper. Set this aside also.

Dip the chicken pieces into the seasoned flour. Move around to coat well, then shake off the excess flour. Dip into the egg wash, coating well, then dip into the cereal mixture, coating well.

Heat oil in a large heavy skillet to 325 degrees F.

Drop coated chicken tenders carefully into the hot oil and cook until golden brown and fully cooked, 3 to 5 minutes depending on size. Drain and serve immediately with Creole mustard sauce.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PRODUCT REVIEW:
I made 4 pounds of chicken. I first bought boneless chicken breast and then had to cut the fatty parts out and then cut into bite or nugget size pieces.  This is so much easier with the correct utensils.
To cut off the fatty parts I use Emeril's kitchen shears. The fat really just cuts off like you're cutting paper. There is a big difference between the cheap kitchen shears and the "professional" shears. I think i paid $15.-$20. 5 yrs ago for these shears and they still work great. What's nice about these shears is that they easily come apart for thorough cleaning.
 The other essential is a good sharp knife.  I bought Scott a set of Guy Fieri knives a few years back. They are scary sharp!



PETS:
Devin's paws are doing much better. We are still soaking in Epsom salt and Betadine.
Really, that IS better.


My morning started out lousy.  Our Irish Setter Devin woke me at 7am (which is fine), but I heard chewing, that didn't sound like a toy or his bone.  Sure enough, he was chewing on an antler button! If you've been following what I've been doing, then you know, I just finished the comfy cardigan and used 3 antler buttons.
I've had this finished sweater draped over my recliner (where Devin sometimes sleeps) since it's been finished. I also use it every cool morning. Last night, I left it on my computer chair. The buttons must have been hanging low. And yep, there's holes where the buttons were.
I AM SO ANGRY! My husband took him for a walk this morning because I didn't want to be around him.
Thank goodness the yarn was cheap acrylic and thank goodness it's black.  I can probably sew the hole together and use large round buttons to cover the mending. Grrrrrr. Just think how angry I would be if I had used good wool!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RECREATION:


Today we headed to the center of Reno for a SEGWAY TOUR! What a fun experience! Cost was $65.00 each. There was 1/2 hour of training, and then 2 hours of riding around town, with Walter giving info about the local sights, history, good restaurants, events, etc.


We toured along the Truckee River in the middle of town. What a beautiful section. the River is open to the public for free. They allow swimming, rafting etc. Very nice to see families cooling off in the beautiful river.


We stopped at Eats & Sweets, about 1/2 way through the tour. Cute little ice cream, candy, luncheon, dog, store.
We passed by the Reno Museum of Art. Isn't this a cool sculpture???

This sculpture looks like wood, tree limbs, but it is made out of bronze. Absolutely amazing.
Overall, this was a really good day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RESTAURANT REVIEW:
Truckee River Eats and Sweets on Urbanspoon

We stopped here in the middle of our Segway tour by www.RenofunTours.com. Cute little store with a little bit of quite a variety.  Looks like an ice cream store, but when you walk in there are dog treats and dog toys, plus ice cream, plus a light luncheon sandwich menu and a candy section.
CUPCAKE:I had a mocha cupcake, which was pretty good. Rich chocolate cake with a creamy mocha frosting.
CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRY: Delicious! Large sweet strawberry, covered with milk chocolate (or dark if you prefer). Yum!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BOOK REVIEW:

The Gold CoastThe Gold Coast by Nelson DeMille
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This is my 8th DeMille book. I've loved all but 2 (including this one).I thought this was going to be a good book. Thought the "gold coast" community was interesting and aggravating. Snobs! They need a dose of reality. So when a mafia boss moves next door, they see another type of life, but still that is not normal, middle class life.
Book went on and on and on about the day to day life of the rich. And on and on and on.  1/3 through the book, I thought something would have happened, then 1/2 way through, still waiting for something more interesting than the lives of the rich and infamous. 3/4 through the book, I had to finish it now.
Ended with such a sense of sadness, wastefullness.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Travels