Friday, December 7, 2012

The "Talk"

FOUR PAWS KINGDOM
Rutherfordton, NC 28139
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RV LIFE:
July - August of this year, we crossed the US from NV to MA. Lots of money spent on diesel and daily rates for RV parks. But then from late August - early December, we workamped in exchange for our RV site. I thought those three months would put us back in good standing financially. But that didn't happen! Huh???
So I had to have "the talk" with Scott. The talk about money.  I take care of the bills, and Scott just trusts me to keep all in balance. Well, we've slowly gotten further behind, in spite of our "free campsite" for 3 months. Scott didn't understand where the money went, so I had to break it down and now he understands.
Ends up we spent over $1000. in Aug for our truck maintenance & repair.
We spend a lot on groceries. I used to wait for sale items and stock up and also use coupons. Now we just buy what we need when we need, no matter the price. That is one of the downsides to full time RV'ing.
We needed new batteries for the RV, there's another $600. or more.
I also chose to pay our FT RV insurance in one payment instead of monthly payments.
Scott decided to get the Direct TV football package at $199. Ugh.
The flooring was about $2500.
So time to add some extra dough into our joint account.
Notice, I didn't say we had to stop spending or lower spending. Our joint account is low, not our own personal accounts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RESTAURANT REVIEW:
Mimi's Dairy-O Pizza & Grill
Our rating 3.5 out of 5
PIZZA: Surprising good for the South. I haven't found a good crust anywhere other than NY/NJ area. I was also surprised that the pizza was so expensive. Cost almost $17. for a large with 2 toppings. They charge $2.00 for EACH topping whether it be onions or meat.
Isn't this a nice pizza box?


FRIED PICKLES: First time having these, so nothing to compare them to. I thought they were great!
ONION RINGS: I was told they were very good, but they were just average.
Yes, I would go there again because it's close and the food was good enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PRODUCT REVIEW:
Great Value Gummy Bears (Walmart brand):
My rating 5 out of 5
I LOVE gummy bears. But don't like paying the price. I've tried a couple of off brands and some were horrible only good for the garbage and others were ok. But Walmart's gummy bears are great. I cannot tell the difference between them and the "real thing", Haribo brand.
At $1.00 for a 9 ounce bag, they are very affordable.




2 comments:

  1. I think it will benefit your psyche' if you call the flooring an investment, rather than an expense, money that would/could be returned to you if you were to sell the rig.

    Sincerely,
    Counselor Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all is well with you and the dogs! I finally got around to your blog (trying to set up ours) and found the info about replacing the floors. GREAT INFO AND GOOD TIMING, since we will also be replacing our floors once we have settled in at 4 Paws. We learned years ago that dogs, kids & carpets are never a good combo!

    I enjoyed our visits and meeting both of you & Pat/Don. Thank you for all the info you passed on as we look forward to our "stint" at 4 Paws.

    Dorri & John

    ReplyDelete

Our Travels